Topics and Subjects

Analogue clock

Monday

Banks (3 subjects)

 MONEY-GRABBING BANKS.


Went into a Bank the other day to change a ten banknote down into two fives.

                        Me:              Can you break this down into two fives, please?
                        Bank:          Do you have an account with us?
                        Me:              No.
                        Bank:          Sorry, then we can't change the note for you.

WHAT!!!  

Banks are taking the matter of money laundering to extremes. 
After some argument, the bank did change the note for me.



Over the Top!

I have an online banking facility. To access this, I must first enter a special code. Then I must enter randomly requested numbers from a PIN code. Then random letters from a password. Next I must confirm the last date I accessed the account online, (in case somebody hacked into it since I last accessed it).
Finally, I get to see my account.

Whoooppee! 

Now, I want to add a new online payee, and make an electronic payment.

NO CHANCE !!

To do that, I must use a card reader, a separate unit where my bank card is read, a random number generated, which I must then also enter online before I am allowed to add a payee to my account.
WHY ??????? 

I've had to go through FOUR separate security levels to get to my account at all!!  But now the "system" has doubts that I might actually be the person I have already proven I am, and wants additional security using a handheld device utilising my bank card before it will allow me to add a payee to my account.

TAKING IDENTITY THEFT TO AN EXTREME.  
UTTERLY UNNECESSARY, INFURIATING AND TIME WASTING. 




IF YOU'RE A NATWEST ACCOUNT HOLDER..... 
BEWARE !! 

(See the link below to another post about this)  
 

Natwest charges changed from February 1st 2011. 
Read their new T&C booklet - you might have a shock!


Up to 31/1/2011, if you had an unauthorised overdraft,

any amount, any number of days, you would have been charged a flat fee of £20.00 maximum.  So a £10 overdraft for 31 days would incur a £20.00 charge.

From 1/2/2011 you will be charged for unauthorised overdrafts as follows:- 

up to £5.99, any number of days, no charge.
Over £6.00 (for example £6.05) you will incur a charge of £6.00 per day, with no limit.
So you could be overdrawn for 3 days and incur an £18.00 charge, the nearest to the old flat fee.
But if you are unfortunate enough to be overdrawn by £6.05 for 31 days, you will be charged a staggering £186.00 !!!
Confirmed with Natwest that this would actually be the case.
According to them,  
this is a reduction of their charges.

WHAT TYPE OF CALCULATOR ARE THEY USING ??? 

And furthermore, how can the Regulator authorise this?  
Smells of kickbacks to me.

Natwest's Charter is, as everyone knows, a complete load of old toot. 

Ever actually read all the details? There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in there that you would not expect any High Street Bank to do.  One of Natwest's competitors has realised this and advertises that they do not need a charter for customers to know how well they perform. 
Too bloody right!

2 comments:

  1. 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    i agree with you on your natwest comment.
    i used to be a natwest account holder, but no longer am, i can remember that i would go overdrawn on my account by 2pence, then i would recive my end of mounth statment and to my horror i would see that i had been charged 28pound just for going over by 2p.

    yes if i wanted to, and had the time to, i could have complained and got my money back.
    but to do this you mush first contact your bank only to be put through to a machine where you must follow the instruction by pressing 1,2,3,4,5 or # to continue, then be told that you must write a formal complaint letter, witch takes time, then wait for a replay, witch could take up to about 1 or 2 weeks because "the bank is always busy" + the cost of the stamp to send the letter in the first place.

    Why cant they just realize that 28pound for a 2pence is just a completed ripoff of your money.
    21 January 2011 10:59

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Scathing Brit said...

    Yes, it's well known that all banks are rip-off merchants. And that's without the massive bonuses they pay their staff!! Also, of course, you have NO chance of borrowing anything from a bank unless you already have the amount you want to borrow, (or very nearly) either in the account or guaranteed to be deposited within a given time.
    It's almost impossible to manage life without a bank account:- which means the banks are laughing all the way to the bank!!
    21 January 2011 11:22

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews