Topics and Subjects

Analogue clock

Thursday

This makes my blood boil !!! (2 subjects)

This really makes my blood boil !!

You're walking down the street, or through your local pedestrian precinct. Nearby, you see a small, boxy, office on wheels with the doors open. Even as you look at it, a voice in your ear says :-
"Can I interest you in......"
or
"Can I take a moment of your time to...."

NO YOU BLOODY WELL CANNOT !!!

You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

The Hard Sell.  The Ram It Down Your Throat Sell.

And I have no problem in naming names!  Virgin Media,  E.on, and Talk-Talk are the worst of them all. Not to mention the bible-thumpers of various religious denominations!

All I want to do is go about my business, freely and unhindered and get home again when I've finished. If I have any interest in any product or lifestyle, I will go to the appropriate information point, or telephone, or email, or even write an old-fashioned letter to find out what I wish to know.

I do not want to be stopped in the street by someone I do not know, have no wish to know, and listen to a load of garbage about a product I have no interest in.

Companies, firms and financial institutions who try  to sell products this way, take note!!!

DO NOT BLOODY WELL ACCOST ME IN THE STREET !!!


More Utter Stupidity

Came across this item in a form from the Independent Review Service for Social Fund applications that have been declined :- 

Why do you need  [to apply for money for] chairs?

Just how stupid is that question? 

BECAUSE, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY CHAIRS, OR ANY MONEY TO BUY ANY, 
IT ISN'T FEASIBLE TO STAND UP FOR A WAKING DAY OF ABOUT 18 HOURS OUT OF 24!!
  
Typical dumb bureaucracy !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews